Choosing the right stem cell doctor is key. We are here to provide some things that are important to look for, this will help ensure you are getting the best advice and expertise.
1) You will want to choose a doctor that is Board Certified in Interventional Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine (IROM-C) by the American Association of Orthopedic Medicine (AAOM) to ensure the physician has met the highest standards of proficiency in the industry.
2) You will want to choose a clinic that is a dedicated Medical Clinic, run by medical physicians (MD’s), rather than a Chiropractic Clinic, Acupuncturist Clinic, Franchise Clinic or other non-medical entity that simply hires Nurses or Physicians (at an hourly wage) with very little training or experience to perform the injections for them. They will not be adequately trained or have the experience to give you the best chances of success.
3) You will want to choose a doctor that has had extensive Medical Residency and Fellowship training (5 or more is ideal), inquire what Board Certifications the doctor has, where he received his Orthopedic training, and for how long he has been performing these procedures.
4) You will want a Medical Doctor that has been extensively trained in the Prolotherapy technique to treat the Entire Joint (on average 20—30 injections per joint), rather than a rudimentary intra-articular injection (1—3 injections), that many new clinics are offering. You will have a much better chance of a long-lasting success if ALL the vital structures in the joint are treated.
5) You will want to know what type of Stem Cells are being used and who has independently verified the lab analysis to ensure the very best and highest concentration of Stem Cells are being used. The very best quality and quantity Stem Cells are derived from Umbilical Cord. You will want to avoid clinics that are only using Amniotic Stem Cells or your own Adipose or Bone Marrow Stem Cells, as these are inferior to Umbilical Cord (and cost those clinics a lot less money than Umbilical Cord).
For more information or to have a consultation with Dr. Cimikoski, please visit us, now serving 2 locations in Salt Lake City, and Park City, Utah.
Mention this article and receive $200 off on one joint procedure.